Nobody really likes getting up in the morning and facing another stressful day of work and family and more. While each new day may seem like a chore, especially first thing in the morning, there are a few things you can be doing the night before that will make your new day go just a little easier.
Nighttime habits that will make your mornings easier include:
- Fill the coffee maker –Most people don’t function until they have their first cup of coffee, but who’s awake enough to take the steps to get a pot brewing first thing in the morning. If you do it the night before all you need to do is flip the switch and you’ll have that first cup of Joe in no time.
- Empty the dishwasher – If your dishwasher’s still full in the morning, you’ll leave dirty breakfast dishes in the sink and then you have to come home and do dirty dishes after a long day of work.
- Take the chicken out of the freezer – Okay, it doesn’t have to be chicken, but it’s smart to start defrosting whatever you plan to cook the next night for dinner so the item will have plenty of time to do it safely. Plus, make a list of what else you might need so you are ready to cook when you get home.
- Clean up crumbs and spills – These little cleaning steps will keep you from having to do a massive cleanup later.
- Prep for breakfast – Just like the coffee, get everything you’ll need for breakfast ready so you won’t have to think about it in the morning. For example, you can put your smoothie items together or get your oats ready the night before.
- Rinse out your water bottle – Clean and scrub your water bottle to get rid of all those nasty germs. This way you just have to fill it and go in the AM.
- Make a “Go Tray” – Put all the items you need to get out of the house, like your keys, phone, and bag, in one designated place so you’re not spending the morning searching for anything.
Source: Food Network