We all know most pet owners treat their fur babies as family, which is why it’s not surprising to hear that sometimes someone’s pet can come between a person and romance.
Well, now folks have taken to the anonymous Whisper app to reveal how their pets got in the way of their relationship, and honestly, we completely side with the pet owner.
Confessions of how pets got in the way of a relationship include:
- “My boyfriend broke up with me because I said I love my dog more than him.”
- “I broke up with my boyfriend because he insulted my dog. Nobody insults my dog.”
- “My boyfriend broke up with me because I was upset about my cat getting lost…how did I ever tell this boy I loved him.”
- “I broke up with my boyfriend because he didn’t like cats. I’m sorry ten years vs. three months. Yeah, cat wins.”
- “I broke up with my ex because my dog didn’t like him.”
- “My girlfriend broke up with me because I kiss my cat more often than her. She got jealous I guess.”
- “One of the reasons I broke up with my ex is because he tried to say my dog was his. It may sound like a stupid reason but she is my baby. I’ve raised her since she was four weeks old.”
- “I broke up with the last guy I dated because he asked me to get rid of my dog. Then I got another dog.”
- “My ex ignored me for two weeks because of ‘my attitude’ after my cat died. He then later told me it was to punish me, then ignored me more. We broke up after that.”
- “I broke up with my three-year relationship because my boyfriend hit my dog. Never hurt an animal.”