“Black Panther” is continuing slay the box office for the fourth weekend in a row. It has officially surpassed the $1-billion mark. “A Wrinkle In Time” holds the number two spot in its opening weekend and though it did well, it’s expected to do better in the upcoming spring break weeks ahead. The movie was set to premiere April 6th, but was bumped up to March 8th for International Woman’s Day. Deadline reports that the movie was very well promoted and that earlier release date contributed.
“Strangers: Prey at Night” was also in its opening weekend and managed to snag the number three spot in the box office. “Red Sparrow” and “Game Night” round out the top five.
- “Black Panther”- $41.1-million
- “A Wrinkle In Time”- $33.3-million
- “Strangers: Prey at Night”- $10.2- million
- “Red Sparrow”- $8.15-million
- “Game Night”- $7.88-million