Mother’s Day is next Sunday, so it’s the perfect time for moms to treat themselves to some self-care. While your little ones are giving you macaroni necklaces and hand drawn cards, here are some free things you can do for yourself this year.
- Sleep in, where your kids won’t find you - As much as you love your partner, if you can sneak away to the guest room and sleep in a whole bed alone until your kids discover where you are, you might get to snooze until eight or nine a.m.
- Send everybody else out to breakfast - This is all about getting some alone time. You could go out and wait in line at the new hot brunch spot, or you could send the family out while you drink coffee and read in silence. Or do whatever you’d love to do with some me-time.
- Sign yourself up for a class at the gym - Lots of moms feel out of touch with their physical selves, like their bodies don’t belong to them anymore, so reclaim yours by going to a Pilates or yoga class you’ve been wanting to try.
- Play master remote controller - If you’re usually rocking out to the “Moana” soundtrack in the car or watching “Daniel Tiger” on TV, make Mother’s Day your day to pick what to listen to and watch, which might be nothing at all.
- Have a gratitude session - Of course your kids love you, but they might not know how to express their appreciation, so sit down for a family game of “I’m thankful for” and get them to share their feelings. Is it a shameless way to get praise from your kiddos? You deserve it, mama!
Don't forget! Sign mom up for our Mother Like No Other Contest before its too late!