While everyone’s relationship with their mother is different, there comes a point in your life when your mom will share with you some words of wisdom. Sometimes their advice is totally out there, and other times it’s exactly what you need to hear at the exact right moment.
Well, a new thread on the anonymous Whisper app has folks sharing the best advice they’ve ever gotten from their mom, and in most cases we think people should really pay attention.
Among the best advice from mom:
- “If you get away with something once, don’t do it again.Your luck may not be as good the second time.”
- “Life’s too short to worry my love. If you can change the thing – stop worrying and change it. If you can’t change the thing you worry about don’t worry because that does no good.”
- “Do whatever you want to do as long as it’s respectful and it makes you happy and don’t care about stupid people who criticize you, they are all gonna die anyway.”
- “Make your own money. Don’t count on your husband to make it for you because there’s nothing worse than having to ask for money for every single little thing and if you want to leave him you can’t, because you have nothing.”
- “If they don’t like you for who you are they aren’t important.”
- “Always wear clean underwear because you never know what can happen.”
- “It’s not important to be like the other girls. It’s important that you be happy with who you are and choose your own identity.”
- “There will always be someone prettier, smarter, richer than you. But you are you and that’s the best you could be.”
- “There are a lot of people in this world prepared to bring you down, don’t let one of them be yourself.”