HISTORIC FULTON COUNTY COURTHOUSE RENOVATION EARNS NATIONAL AWARD


The historic Fulton County Courthouse in Wauseon has been recognized with the ‘best public building rehabilitation award’.Heritage Ohio will present that award to Fulton County Commissioners at a virtual event in October.

Fulton County’s Tuscan Villa style courthouse was first constructed in 1872 at a cost of just over $45,700.The historic structure was listed on the national register in 1975, and contains extensive artwork including murals, oil paintings, and wood carvings, along with a dome of stained glass.

The recent renovation project took ten months, with a budget of 3.86 million dollars, combining state and local funds.Those sources included 1-million dollars from the Fulton County Title Bureau, and 2.5 million dollars from court user fees.